Author Topic: Being told to read the wrong pages in an article?  (Read 4438 times)

Offline David W

• Power Member
Re: Being told to read the wrong pages in an article?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
It just gets worse. Heard nothing back from the module 'chair' as was promised and now the thread which contained my query has been archived (I can still access my posts from My Participation). When the disappearance of the thread was queried the module chair responded that he could not see the post or thread, never mind the fact that it was his thread!

So, here is my latest response to the goon that considers himself a module chair. I have mind to actually write a letter. Not being responded to is one thing but the inaccuracies in the activities which I pointed out remain and I find this completely unacceptable.

Dear Edwin,

There was a 'Chairs Welcome' thread started by yourself. I posted regarding the apparent inaccuracy of two of the activities in unit 1 and was advised by yourself that you would take a look and revert. Perhaps you have forgotten those questions and your responses which were contained within the thread started by yourself; I haven't heard anything back. If I search through the 'My Participation' tab I can see my posts but cannot access the entire thread (attached). These were asked on the 4th October, before the module began.

Those posts have, it seems, been archived and I have heard nothing back. Further, the issues with the activities which I queried remain as they were. Do the OU have any intention of listening to or responding to substantive feedback from students?

As module chair, would you care to comment on this and also on the apparent errors in the activities? Whilst I can understand that errors may be made in module materials what I do find difficult to rationalise is why enquires about those apparent errors would be ignored and then effectively hidden from view.
I dont always remember case names in EU law. But when I do it's Internationalle Handelgesellschaft mbH v Einfuhr und Vorratsstelle fur getride und Futtermittel

Offline David W

• Power Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 12:40:54 PM »
For anyone who may have been following this sorry sequence of events I am (somewhat) pleased to report that the mistakes which were reported have been noted by the module chair via my tutor.

What still irks me somewhat is finding out that these errata were reported during last years presentation but were not corrected! My tutor expresses his hopes that this will be done for next year's presentation!

Great job!
I dont always remember case names in EU law. But when I do it's Internationalle Handelgesellschaft mbH v Einfuhr und Vorratsstelle fur getride und Futtermittel

Offline Captain Walker

• Warrior for Rights!
  • Administrator
  • Divergent Member
    • The Captain's Watch
  • About me: LLB(Hons) 2.1 in 2006 from OU. Hobbies: addiction to Neflix and Amazon. Music: From epic stuff to head banging rock. Food Favs: Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, good steaks, Subway, KFC, Sushi. Fav Hols: Beach resorts. Fav Cars: Nissan GTR anything, Bentleys.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 03:55:53 PM »
Sounds like the NHS.
Our democracy has been fracked.